Private Charter Fishing - All Year
Experience Great Barrier Reef Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing and exhilarating Light tackle Sportsfishing with the thrill of fighting fish such as the stunning juvenile Black Marlin, Sailfish, Spanish Mackerel, Giant Trevelly, Yellow and Blue Fin Tuna, Dog Tooth Tuna, Wahoo, Cobia, Mahi Mahi and many other varieties.
Just an hour out of Cairns, The Great Barrier Reef, is the largest fish attractor on the globe hosting large varieties of excellent table fish that roam the edge of these waters.
Reef Fishing for Coral Trout, Nannygai, Red Emperor, Job Fish and many others are also a perfect way to catch a fish to take home or to throw straight onto your plate for dinner!
The cobalt waters off Cairns are world renowned for its action and variety of pelagic sports fish including the Black Marlin and our trips visit different parts of the reef depending on what's biting!
The Juvenile Black Marlin roam areas close to home, less than one hours run from Cairns. These fish range in size from 30lbs to 120lbs and are excellent fun on light tackle sportfishing gear. A great Cairns Sportfishing adventure whether you're new at fishing or an old salty. These charters are available all year round for sportfish and best season for the baby marlin is May to September.
The Big Fish Down Under crew are the Cairns fishing specialists and we use the best equipment to provide you with a fishing trip of a lifetime. You will be in no better hands than those of skipper Daniel who has the passion and more than 35 years of local fishing experience. Just to make sure we get the most from our Private Fishing Charters we use fully custom built world class Laurie Casey Rods and Penn International and Shimano Reels.
The luxury private charter boat Moana III is one of the finest in Cairns Charter Fishing fleet, so you are assured comfort and style as you hunt for that catch of a lifetime.
Check out our photo gallery page and About Moana III vessel page.
Day trips, overnight or extended trips are available for all light tackle sportsfishing, reef fishing and deep sea fishing and jigging.
Departure ports - Cairns and Port Douglas
What's Included - Reef Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Sportfishing Light Tackle Charters
- Crew - Skipper, Host, Deck Hand
- All fishing equipment and bait
- Snorkeling gear including sun suits
- Towels and Sunscreen
- Bed linen (Overnight/Extended Trips)
- Water and light refreshments
- Standard beer & wine (Limited. RSA applies)
- Morning Tea (fruit platter)
- Lunch - Fresh Local Ocean Prawns, salads, cold meats and dessert
- Afternoon Tea - Snacks/cheese platter
- Fresh cooked dinner menus including (Overnight/Extended charters); Lamb Roast and freshly caught fish cooked with our secret herbs and spices.
What to bring - Cairns Charter Fishing - Light Tackle Sportsfishing
- Comfortable and practical clothing
- A warm/weatherproof jacket
- Good sun protection clothing
- Cameras and accessories to capture the unforgettable moments.